Special Olympics Missouri (“SOMO") respects the privacy of our community and of those who visit our Web site. Subject to the provisions of applicable laws, any information you submit to SOMO on these Web sites or any offline method will be used as described in this policy. While SOMO does analyze its Web site logs to monitor the flow of traffic and make improvements to the Web site's content, its Web site logs are not personally identifiable, and no attempt to link them to individual visitors to this Web site is made. Web site visitor information is used for internal Special Olympics Missouri purposes only and will not be sold to third parties. Personal information of online and offline donors and visitors are never sold or exchanged.
Use of Links
Throughout our Web pages, we provide links to other servers which may contain information of interest to our readers. We take no responsibility for, and exercise no control over, the organizations, views, or accuracy of the information contained on other servers.
Creating a text link from your Web site to our site does not require permission. If you have a link you'd like us to consider adding to our Web site, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Link request."
Use of Text and Images
If you would like to publish information that you find on our Web site, please send your request to email@example.com. Where text or images are posted on our site with the permission of the original copyright holder, a copyright statement appears at the bottom of the page.
Information about using our logo and images is available in Media Resources.
This Web site is designed to be accessible to visitors with disabilities, and to comply with federal guidelines concerning accessibility. We welcome your comments. If you have suggestions on how to make the site more accessible, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have created this statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy. We do not collect personally identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Providing such information is strictly voluntary. This policy is your guide to how we will handle information we learn about you from your visit to our Web site.
Reading or Downloading
• We collect and store only the following information about you: the name of the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, aol.com, if you are connecting from an America Online account, or missouri.edu if you are connecting from University of Missouri's domain), the date and time you access our site, and the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked to our site.
• We use the information we collect to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, and to help us make our site more useful to visitors.
Online Profile Updates and Donations
• If you voluntarily complete the Profile update form and share your personally identifying information, this information will be used only to provide you with the most relevant communications about Special Olympics Missouri. You may always opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the "Opt Out" section below.
Sending us an Email
• You also may decide to send us personally identifying information, for example, in an electronic mail message containing a question or comment, or by filling out a Web form that provides us this information. We use personally identifying information from email primarily to respond to your requests. We may forward your email to other employees who are better able to answer your questions. We may also use your email to contact you in the future about our programs that may be of interest.
• We want to be very clear: We will not obtain personally identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Providing such information is strictly voluntary. Except as might be required by law, we do not share any information we receive with any outside parties.
o If you sign up for one of our email lists, we will only send you the kinds of information you have requested. We won't share your name or email address with any outside parties.
Kids and Privacy
• For children who visit our site, special rules apply. We do not request personal information about children, such as first and last name or street address and city. When kids send email to us, their online contact information (email address) is not used to re-contact them and is not maintained in retrievable form.
Opt-Out or Change Your Contact Information
• Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us through a special online form or by emailing us. You may choose to receive only specific communications or none at all. You may also update your contact information previously provided to us through another online form. You cannot remove yourself from our database, but you can prevent unwanted communication.
You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Data that we have collected about you. We may need to retain your Personal Data to provide you with the Services or complete a transaction or other action you have requested. If your deletion request is subject to one of these exceptions, we may deny your deletion request.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the rights described above, you must send us a request that (1) provides sufficient information to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom we have collected Personal Data, and (2) describes your request in sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate and respond to it. Each request that meets both of these criteria will be considered a “Valid Request.” We may not respond to requests that do not meet these criteria. We will only use Personal Data provided in a Valid Request to verify your identity and complete your request. You do not need an account to submit a Valid Request.
We will work to respond to your Valid Request within 45 days of receipt. We will not charge you a fee for making a Valid Request unless your Valid Request(s) is excessive, repetitive or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that your Valid Request warrants a fee, we will notify you of the fee and explain that decision before completing your request.
You may submit a Valid Request by emailing us at email@example.com.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING COOKIES OPT-OUT:
We occasionally exchange our donor name and address list with other reputable nonprofit organizations to keep our costs down. If shared, the other nonprofit organization is only permitted to use such information for a one-time mailing and cannot use it for telemarketing purposes. You can opt out of this exchange at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and providing your complete name and mailing address.
Questions about our policies
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact us at: email@example.com.