Special Olympics Missouri is dedicated to not only serving our 15,000 athletes, but their families as well. However we can make the process easier for you, please just let us know.
Just like we are here to help you and your athletes, we need YOUR help to keep this program running. Here's how you can pitch in:
Help your coaches by:
- Transporting other athletes to and from practices/events
- Procure facility usage
- Procure equipment/uniforms
- Become a coach
- Form a Fan Club and help raise funds, provide transportation, State Games Assessments, uniforms, etc.
- Help with paperwork
- Keep track of uniforms and wash them after events
- Keep track of physicals and make sure they are updated as needed
- Learn how to use GMS (a computer program) and register your teams and athletes
- Keep track of ID Badges
- Seek sponsorships or grants to help pay for State Games Assessments, uniforms, equipment, facilities, transportation and banquets- Asking what you can do for them
Contact your area staff for more information on how you can help your area office and coaches.
Other ways you can help:
Autism Resources for Families
Sesame Street Autism Resources for Parents
Reduce the Noise: Help Loved Ones with Sensory Overload Enjoy Shopping
CDC Autism Links and Resources
Operation Autism for Military Families
Academic Accommodation Resources
Temple Grandin's Teaching Tips
Estate Planning for Parents of Kids with Autism
Home remodeling for disability and special needs
2016 College Resources for Students with Disabilities
A Parent's Guide to Communicating with a Child with Autism
Have an agency or resource that you'd like to be on this list? Send the name and link here.