Forms and Documents
SPECIAL OLYMPICS MISSOURI, INC
“Drive It Home Raffle”
2022 OFFICIAL RULES
- PROMOTION DATES: The Drive It Home Raffle (the “Raffle”) for Special Olympics Missouri, Inc. (“SOMO” or “Sponsor”) begins July 1, 2022 and will end on November 4, 2022 (the “Raffle Period”). Tickets must be purchased by midnight on November 4, 2022 to qualify for an Area Finalist drawing. The Raffle is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- RAFFLE PRIZE (S):
Grand Prize – One Area Finalist will win the 2022 Ford Ranger 4×4. MSRP: $41,715.
Area Finalist Prizes –Six (6) Area Finalists will each win $500.
All prizes will be awarded at the Drive It Home Raffle Giveaway to be held at the Special Olympics Training for Life Campus in December 2022.
Early Bird Prizes:
- Two qualifying Early Bird drawing entrants from Raffle entries received prior to midnight on August 31, 2022, will win $2,500 cash
- Two qualifying Early Bird drawing entrants from Raffle entries received prior to midnight on September 30, 2022, will win $2,500 cash
50/50 Additional Drawing
- Prize: Winner will be awarded half the 50/50 jackpot. The 50/50 jackpot is the total amount collected by sale of 50/50 tickets only.
- Entry Deadline: Friday, October 28, 2022
- Pricing: 50/50 tickets are 1 ticket for $10 or 3 tickets for $25
- Guidelines for purchasing 50/50 Add-On tickets are as follows:
- Tickets may only be purchased online
- WHO MAY ENTER: The Raffle is open to all residents of the United States, who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. The following persons are not eligible to enter the Raffle: (i) employees of Sponsor, and (ii) the spouses or dependents of employees of Sponsor.
- TO ENTER: To qualify for the Raffle, all Raffle tickets must be purchased by midnight on November 4, 2022. Purchases may be made: (i) online at the Raffle website www.somo.org/Raffle (minimum online purchase is $10); (ii) in person from a SOMO volunteer or employee; (iii) by phone; or (iv) by mail. Raffle tickets will be sold for $5 per ticket or $20 for five (5) tickets. Payments for online purchases may only be by credit or debit card. Any credit or debit card payment that is denied shall disqualify the pending purchase. Purchaser is required to provide to the Sponsor a valid, functioning e-mail address, city of residence and telephone number. All e-mail communications, including purchase confirmation, will be sent to the e-mail address provided by the Purchaser at the time of purchase. Sponsor will use information provided by Purchaser online to complete the Raffle ticket stubs for which Purchaser qualifies. For ticket sales in person, Purchaser must print their name, address, and functioning daytime phone number on the Raffle ticket stubs and submit the completed Raffle ticket stubs along with the ticket price to the person that provided Purchaser with the Raffle ticket. Raffle ticket stubs will remain in SOMO Area offices or at SOMO Headquarters office until the date of the drawings, when they will then be taken to the location of the drawings. Once a ticket has been purchased, it is non-refundable.
(a) EARLY BIRD PRIZE DRAWINGS: The first two (2) $2,500 cash drawings will be awarded on September 15, 2022. The second two (2) $2,500 cash drawings will be awarded on October 13, 2022. Sponsor will conduct six (6) drawings, one (1) from each SOMO Area Office within the State of Missouri. From those six (6) tickets drawn, SOMO Headquarters will draw two (2) tickets for the winners of the cash. Early Bird Prize Winners do not need to be present at the drawings to win. Early Bird Prize Winners shall be required to sign an affidavit, provided by the Sponsor, certifying that they are eligible to participate and giving consent to Special Olympics Missouri, Inc. to use their name, likeness, image, voice, appearance and/or city of residence to promote its program, and/or any of its activities.
(b) Area finalist drawings: From November 14, 2022 through November 18, 2022, Sponsor will conduct six (6) drawings, one (1) for each SOMO Area Office within the State of Missouri. For each Area Finalist drawing, one (1) entry will be selected randomly from among all eligible entries received in that region except St. Louis Metro Area Office will draw two (2) Area Finalists, bringing the total number of Area Finalists to seven (7). Each SOMO Area Office will oversee one Area Finalist drawing. Sponsor will notify each Area Finalist by telephone. Area Finalists shall be required to sign an affidavit, provided by the Sponsor, certifying that they are eligible to participate in the Special Olympics Missouri, Inc. Drive it Home Raffle and giving consent to Special Olympics Missouri, Inc. to use their name, likeness, image, voice, appearance and/or city of residence to promote its program, and/or any of its activities. Upon verification of eligibility and receipt of their signed affidavit, each of the Area Finalists will be given a chance to win the Grand Prize or a $500 cash Area Finalist prize. In the event one or more of the Area Finalists is or becomes ineligible or chooses not to participate, Sponsor will randomly select an alternate from the remaining entries and upon verification of eligibility and receipt of the liability/publicity release, the alternate shall be an Area Finalist
(c) GIVEAWAY: At the Giveaway, (event details to be announced) each of the seven (7) Area Finalists must be represented either by themselves or a designated person. Each Area Finalist (or their designated representative) will select one (1) container with a key in it. There will be seven (7) containers. After each Area Finalist has received a potential winning key, each Area Finalist will have an opportunity to use their chosen key to unlock the vehicle or start the engine depending on the vehicle manufacturer’s anti-theft system. The finalist whose key successfully unlocks/starts the vehicle will win the Grand Prize. Order of key selection and key insertion to unlock/start the vehicle will be randomly determined, and only one key will successfully unlock/start the vehicle.
(d) The six (6) remaining Area Finalists will be eligible to receive a $500 cash prize after the Grand Prize Winner is determined. The individual who wins the Grand Prize is ineligible to win the $500 cash Area Finalist Prize.
- PRIZES: Within ten (10) days after the Drive-It-Home Giveaway, the Grand Prize Winner shall be required to personally take delivery of the Grand Prize from Tri State Ford Lincoln, 2117 S. Main St., Maryville, MO 64468, present acceptable personal identification and evidence of any legally required insurance, and pay of all applicable taxes and fees. Sponsor assumes no liability or responsibility in connection with the safety or performance of the Grand Prize awarded. Finalist Prizes will be in the form of a check made payable to the Area Finalist and awarded at the Drive It Home Raffle Giveaway after the Grand Prize Winner is determined. Within ten (10) days after the Early Bird Prize Winners are selected and qualified, SOMO will provide the Early Bird Prize Winners with details for collecting their cash prize.
- ELIGIBILITY and GENERAL TERMS: By participating in the Raffle all entrants agree to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding with respect to all matters relating to this Raffle. If an entrant wins either the Grand Prize or an Early Bird Prize and is found later to be in violation of these Official Rules, that entrant will be required to forfeit the Prize. All Raffle ticket entry stubs become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. False, fraudulent or deceptive entries or acts will render an entrant ineligible and any entrant who attempts to submit a fraudulent Raffle ticket or 50/50 Drawing Prize entry stub or who attempts to defraud Sponsor in any manner in connection with this Raffle may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Raffle Winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these rules. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. One Grand Prize, six (6) Finalist Cash Prizes and four (4) Early Bird Prizes will be awarded. One 50/50 prize will be awarded. No substitution of these Prizes is offered, no transfer of Prizes to a third party is permitted and the Prizes may not be redeemed for cash value. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Federal, state and local taxes, license, title, insurance, registration and all operation and maintenance costs are the sole responsibility of the Raffle Winners. No groups, clubs or organizations may reproduce or distribute any portion of these rules to its members.
Area Finalists will be notified by telephone. Alternates will be selected and contacted if Area Finalist Winners cannot be positively contacted by telephone within three (3) business days of the Area Office drawing. In addition to the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release signed by the Area Finalists, the Grand PrizeWinner will be required to pay the required withholding tax at the time of delivery of the Grand Prize and complete all required tax documents. Sponsor is not paying the withholding tax on behalf of the Grand Prize Winner. In the event the tax form(s) are not completed and the withholding tax is not paid at the time of delivery, the Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from among the other six Area Finalists. All travel and transportation costs associated with collecting the prizes will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) any difficulties that an entrant may experience obtaining a Raffle ticket; (ii) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Raffle, or verification or announcement of prize/prize winner; (iii) any lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, damaged, or mutilated Raffle ticket stubs, all of which will be void; or (iv) payment of any taxes associated with prize winnings. The maximum number of prize awards is limited to the prize list and quantity as stated in these Official Rules and Sponsor is not obligated to award more than the stated quantities.
Sponsor, and its officers, directors, employees, agents, independent contractors, representatives, agencies and any other individuals or companies participating in the design, administration or fulfillment of this Raffle (collectively “Releasees”) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Raffle tickets; typographical, printing or other errors; any problems with transactions, or any Raffle tickets or entries that are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, postage due or any combination thereof. All such entries will be disqualified, as will any entries submitted in a manner that is not specifically allowed under these Official Rules. Any Raffle ticket stub that is illegible, damaged, mutilated, manipulated, duplicated, forged, counterfeited, altered, copied, hand printed, tampered with in any manner, obtained in a manner outside legitimate methods as stated in these Official Rules or distributed where prohibited by law will be considered void and will not be eligible for prize redemption. By participating in the Raffle, entrants affirm that they have read and accept these Official Rules.
By entering this Raffle, entrants agree that the Releasees will not be liable for personal injuries, death, damages, expenses or costs or losses of any kind resulting from or in connection with participation or inability to participate in this Raffle or acceptance, possession or use or inability to use a prize or parts thereof including, without limitation, claims, suits, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light (whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. By accepting prizes, winners release the Releasees from all liability and responsibility with respect to the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of prize or participation in prize-related activities (including any property loss, damage, personal injury or death). Releasees will not be liable to winner or any other person for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request prove to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, war, fire, flood, earthquake, unusually severe weather, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, or any other cause beyond Releasees’ sole control.
Sponsor may amend these Official Rules at any time.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Each entrant agrees that (1) all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Raffle, or any prizes awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding will take place in a federal or state court within the State of Missouri; (2) all claims, judgments, and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including any costs associated with entering this Raffle, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages (other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses) and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Raffle, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Missouri, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Missouri or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Missouri.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMER: The Grand Prize and any other non-cash prize (if any) are awarded in “AS IS” condition with the manufacturer’s warranty. Except as otherwise provided in these Official Rules, Releasees who are not the manufacturers make no warranties, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, respecting the performance or use of the prizes, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose, and the winner must look solely to the manufacturer for such warranties, if any.
- OFFICIAL RULES & WINNER’S LIST: For a copy of these Official Rules or the names of major prize winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope to be received by 1/5/23 to: Special Olympics Missouri, Inc., Official Rules/Winners List (Please specify which you are requesting), 305 Special Olympics Dr., Jefferson City, MO 65101. Official Rules are also available at www.somo.org/raffle during the applicable Raffle Period. The Area Finalists’ names will be posted on the SOMO website after November 21, 2022. The Grand Prize Winner’s name will be posted by December 15, 2022.
- RAFFLE SPONSOR: Special Olympics Missouri, Inc., 305 Special Olympics Drive, Jefferson City, MO 65101 (“Sponsor”).
Thank you for supporting athletes of Special Olympics Missouri, Inc.