We offer a weeklong Sports Camp each summer (and have for more than 20 years) to give athletes a chance to experience several different sports including track and field, swimming, volleyball, tennis, and flag football as well as a traditional camp experience. In addition to sports opportunities, athletes have the opportunity to learn about life skills, teamwork, exercises, nutrition, fun activities, and much more.
This camp was created in 1997 and takes place in June every year. Athletes enjoy the usual summer camp experience while gaining important independent life and social skills, practicing current sports skills and learning new ones, and giving them a chance to spread their wings in a friendly and encouraging environment.
- Registration fee to attend $300
- A limited amount of camp scholarships are available. An application must be filled out in order to show qualification for a scholarships. Email us for more info.
- Sports Camp provides an intensive training program for Special Olympics Missouri athletes across the state. Athletes will move up to 10 miles every day
- Primary sports offered are swimming, soccer, basketball, bocce, golf, softball, tennis and volleyball. We have also offered cycling, disc golf, floorball, and other non-official SOMO sports.
- Special Olympics coaches and athletes who would like to attend Sports Camp must complete a Camp Application (will be posted here in the spring).
- Athletes of all skill levels are welcome from beginners to advanced athletes.
- Athletes will be grouped with other athletes from across the state.
- To see what we've done in the past and to receive updates on what your campers are doing during the week, "like" our Sports Camp Facebook page!
- Questions? Email us!
2020 Virtual Camp
In June 2020, we were prepared to offer the very first Sports Camp at the Training for Life Campus. However, the COVID-19 pandemic forced us to change our plans. Instead, we offered a Virtual Sports Camp where our camp counselors produced videos on their sports and we showed multiple videos per day. Below is a collection of those videos categorized by activity. These can be great training videos for years to come, so please share them with athletes, coaches, and families alike!