Buddy Bass Tournament
Saturday, Oct. 1, 2022
Bull Shoals Lake, Theodosia Marina
Missouri State Highway Patrol Troop G is hosting its sixth annual Bass Tournament to benefit Special Olympics Missouri athletes.
This tournament is open to all anglers, with a valid MO/AR fishing permit, and who have paid the $100 entry fee.
Registration fee: $100 per 2-man team.
Schedule: Boats out at 7 a.m. and back in at 3 p.m.
Entries will be accepted at the event from 5 a.m. to takeoff.
Take off order will be determined by registration date, and the field is limited to 75 boats, so register early!
Questions? Email us!
The following rules shall be in effect for the tournament and violation hereof in any respect may be cause for disqualification. Interpretation and enforcement of these rules rests solely with the Tournament Committee whose decisions are final and binding.
1. Eligibility: The tournament is open to all two man boats with a valid Missouri/Arkansas fishing permit that have paid the $100 team entry fee. Minimum age 18 unless partnered with a parent, or guardian.
2. Entries: Entries will be accepted until 30 minutes prior to take off. Entry fee is non-refundable, and $100 includes Big Bass Pot.
3. Departure: Departure will be in the sequence in which contestants are accepted/received into the tournament. Starting time is 7:00am; check-in time is no later than 3:00pm. Times may be adjusted by Tournament Director based on number of entries.
4. Tackle and Equipment: Only artificial bait or lures may be used. Pork style baits are allowed. No trolling. All bass must be caught on rod and reel. Only one rod at a time per person is allowed in the water.
5. Boats and Motors: All boats and motors must meet the legal requirements of the State of Missouri and will be subject to inspection by tournament officials and the Missouri State Highway Patrol. Boats must not be trailered during the tournament.
6. Sportsmanship: Courtesy and safety are expected from each contestant. Life jackets and kill switches must be worn during take-off and when outboard motor is running. No alcoholic beverages will be allowed in the boats during the tournament. A contestant having a protest must submit it in writing to the Tournament Director within fifteen minutes of the closing of weigh-in.
7. Permitted Fishing Locations: Anywhere in the tournament lake, except within 50 feet of any public dock or another contestant’s boat. (Public dock defined as a dock that sells gas to the public).
8. Check-In Late Penalty: One pound of total weight per minute up to ten minutes, then disqualified – No Exceptions.
9. Scoring: Scoring will be determined by the pounds and ounces of each boat’s catch during the tournament. Only Largemouth, Spotted and Smallmouth Bass will be weighed. The limit shall be 5 fish per boat. The official length for Largemouth, Smallmouth, and Kentucky/Spotted bass shall be 15”, as measured by mouth closed – tail pinched on a golden-rule flat board. Bass presented for weigh-in, which fail to measure the minimum length requirement, will not be weighed and a 2-pound penalty will be assessed for each short fish. Any bass that appears to have been mangled, mauled, altered, frozen or iced will result in immediate disqualification. Each team’s catch must be certified by a team member signature on the weigh-in slip. ½ pound penalty per dead fish weighed. No culling of dead fish is permitted.
10. Tie: In case of a tie, the team with the single largest bass shall win.
11. Prize Money: All prizes will be presented following weigh-in. Payout will be 60% of total entries. 5% of total entries will go towards big bass pot. 1 payout for every 6 boats. Winners must consent to usage of their names and photographs for nonprofit promotional purposes.
12. Identification Credentials: I.D. and social security number may be required prior to award presentation.
13. Quality Assurance Test: 1st place and 1 random quality assurance test for 2nd to 10th place, chosen by draw may be given. By their signature on the entry from form and/or participation in this tournament, each and every team contestant agrees to submit to a quality assurance test, if deemed necessary by the tournament director. Refusal to submit to a quality assurance test or failing test will result in immediate disqualification for the team.
14. This event to include, take off, weigh in, and tournament hours may be modified or altered to ensure proper social distancing and safety measures in relation to COVID-19 at the discretion of the tournament director and tournament staff.