2018 USA Games
July 1-6, 2018
Every four years, Special Olympics conducts a national summer games in the United States that includes athletes from all 52 US Programs.
The 2018 Special Olympics USA Games will bring 3,500 athletes to the greater Seattle area to compete in a variety of sports. Hosted at some of the region’s top athletic facilities including the University of Washington, King County Aquatics Center and Federal Way’s Celebration Park, the USA Games will offer athletes, their coaches, and families a week of national competition while surrounded by Seattle’s beauty and world-class attractions
Team Missouri will consist of the following sports: Aquatics, Athletics, Basketball, Bocce, Bowling, Flag Football (Unified), Golf, Powerlifting, Softball (Unified) and Tennis.
- Beginning with the 2016 State Outdoor Games, all athletes that achieve gold medals in the sports listed above will be eligible to be nominated for a chance to be on Team Missouri
- Athletes may be nominated by anyone. The nominations must be sent to the Area Office and must be approved by the Area Program Staff.
- Coaches may apply for any sport that they are certified to coach. The applications must be sent to the Area Office and be approved by the Area Program Staff
- At the conclusion of the 2017 State Summer Games, athletes that have been nominated and coaches that have applied will be screened by SOMO Staff and a selection of 2 or 3 people per slot will be invited to attend the National Games Selection Camp in June of 2017.
- At the conclusion of the USA Games Selection Camp, Team Missouri will be selected by SOMO Staff.
- In August or September of 2017, all participants will be required to attend a Team Missouri weekend with their parents or guardians.
- In March of 2018 all delegates for Team Missouri will have a Training Weekend.
- In May of 2018 all Team Missouri delegates will meet to try on and label their General Wear and Uniforms and train with their teammates
- In June of 2018, Team Missouri will go to Seattle for USA games for not more than 14 days.
"Let me win. But if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt."