MASC and SOMO
Missouri Association of Student Councils
Special Olympics has been the charity of choice for the Missouri Association of Student Councils and its members for over 20 years. All students have benefited by their partnership. MASC has contributed to the mission of Special Olympics in several ways that have impacted the lives of individuals with intellectual disabilities.
· SOMO State YAC is a member of MASC and is recognized as a Student Council
· MASC schools host events for SOMO across the state
· MASC Schools provide 1,000s of hours of volunteer service across the state
· MASC supports themed STW campaign
· 2013 Plunge Numbers: 1,081 plungers totaling $124,754.52
· SOMO athletes attend the MASC Leadership Workshop (week long camp) each year to learn valuable leadership skills and work along side their peers
· MASC is a leader in promoting social inclusion, acceptance and respect of ALL individuals across the state
· MASC schools host Young Athlete Programs
· MASC schools have SOMO athletes on their Student Councils
· MASC holds an annual duck race at their Leadership Camp each year to raise money for SOMO which has generated $33,000 in the past 9 years
The significant contribution of time, energy and financial support from the Missouri Association of Student Councils is greatly appreciated and of paramount value to the SOMO athletes. Learn more about the MASC at http://www.masc1.org/masc-somo_partnership.html.