Making a donation through a planned gift is a great way to create a legacy of support for SOMO while providing for your own future. Your gift will also go a long way toward changing views about people with intellectual disabilities. Planned Giving options include bequests in a will, charitable gift annuities, gifts of life insurance policies, and charitable trusts. You can even make a pledge to include us in your will.
Depending upon the assets and the gift arrangement selected, a donor can expect to obtain some or all of the following benefits:
- Fulfill philanthropic goals
- Reduce income tax through a deduction for the gift
- Avoid capital gain tax on the gifts of long-term appreciated property
- Retain a stream of payments for life for the donor and other beneficiaries
- Increase disposable income
- Eliminate federal estate tax on property passing to charity upon donor’s death
- Reduce cost and time in estate settlement
To learn more about the various options in planned giving, please contact us. We encourage you to consult with your own tax and legal advisors regarding the tax implications of particular gifts. Visit www.somogift.org to learn more about the SOMO Endowment Fund and ways you can create a legacy of support .
More Information For more information or questions on donating to Special Olympics Missouri, contact:
Chief Advancement Officer