We, the staff of Special Olympics Missouri, believe in the following guiding values, which are engrained in the way we think and act:
Accountability, Excellence, Integrity, Optimism, Unity
These beliefs guide our choices and define for us integrity and the right course of action that bond us together as TEAM SOMO.
Special Olympics Missouri is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Download Employment Application with Electronic Signature (Microsoft Word)
Please direct any questions to Mary Lou Hammann.
Click here for more information on potential internships.
Partnership Manager --
The Partnership Manager is a full-time exempt position responsible for management of the Knights of Columbus Council partnership developing relationships to support fundraising efforts for Special Olympics Missouri’s (SOMO) Training for Life Campus Capital Campaign.
• Have one-on-one communication with all 56 Knights of Columbus Districts and all major Knights of Columbus Councils throughout Missouri.
• Organize, plan and implement a three-year fundraising plan to raise SOMO awareness and begin to raise $2M through Knights of Columbus activities.
• Coordinate Knights of Columbus adopt Special Olympics “week or month” to ensure that 80 percent of the 270+ Knights of Columbus Councils throughout Missouri participate to have SOMO’s volunteer + athlete attend their Council meeting to build relationships and educate about SOMO.
• Responsible for securing $2M in pledges through Knights of Columbus over five years.
• Set up statewide structure for communicating the Training for Life Campus + Knights of Columbus fundraising plans.
• Incorporate goals of Knights of Columbus leadership team into the plans for Training for Life Campus.
• Provide timely, written reports regarding the outcome of cultivation and solicitation efforts.
• Be responsible for day-to-day management of fundraising and communications process.
• Be responsible for managing a portfolio of 100 donor prospects for the capital campaign.
• Maintain all information in a confidential and professional manner.
• Provide leadership, assistance, guidance and support to staff and volunteers sufficient to inspire and motivate those individuals to achieve success and strive for excellence in their Special Olympics Missouri activities.
• Ensure assigned annual plan objectives are attained.
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
• Baccalaureate degree or higher.
• Five to eight years development or special event experience.
• Ability to travel weekly throughout state of Missouri.
• Excellent communication skills and relationship building skills.
• The ability to model appropriate behavior in interaction with persons served, staff, families, community resources and other audiences.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to demonstrate a high level of ethics, integrity, diplomacy and initiative.
• Exhibit an aptitude for working in a team context with and through other individuals.
LOCATION: St Louis Metro
Employee Medical, Dental, Life, Travel and Disability Insurance
Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan (403B) (3 percent employer contribution & up to 5 percent matching)
Twelve Paid Holidays/Year
Ten Hours/Month Paid Vacation
REPORTS TO: Chief Advancement Officer
Complete Application for Employment (on website www.somo.org) and send along with resume, references, college transcript and salary requirements to:firstname.lastname@example.org
SPECIAL OLYMPICS MISSOURI IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTIONAND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER