We, the staff of Special Olympics Missouri, believe in the following guiding values, which are engrained in the way we think and act:
Accountability, Excellence, Integrity, Optimism, Unity
These beliefs guide our choices and define for us integrity and the right course of action that bond us together as TEAM SOMO.
Special Olympics Missouri is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Download Employment Application with Electronic Signature (Microsoft Word)
Click here for more information on potential internships
Program Outreach Coordinator --
The Program Outreach Coordinator is a full-time exempt position assisting in ensuring quality Special Olympics Missouri (SOMO) sports training programs and athletic competitions are available to all eligible individuals in a specific geographic location along with providing statewide social media to build relationships with constituents and drive online revenue. The following examples are intended only as illustrations of the duties of this position. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude these tasks from the position if the work is similar, related to or a logical assignment of the position.
• Assist in the planning of all area competitions, which include offering all levels of competition (i.e. low motor and individual skills), working with the respective volunteer planning committee (GMT) and ensuring appropriate evaluation.
• Recruit and retain athletes through outreach and public awareness.
• Manage Young Athlete Program
• Identify and capitalize on social media trends and strategic planning, working through all SOMO departments to meet organizational goals.
• Live in the social media world for SOMO as the ambassador / social host to increase engagement.
• Responsible to stay on budget for programs assigned.
• Promote awareness of Special Olympics through area media.
• Keep area webpage up to date and develop and post an annual training, competition and fundraising calendar in collaboration with area development staff.
• Implement Young Athlete Programs, Unified Sports and other initiatives to increase opportunities for athlete participation.
• Maintain ongoing programs for recruiting and involving volunteers in program activities with an ongoing training program for volunteers.
• Maximize area Athlete Leadership Programs through coordination of Global Messengers and athlete appearances in the community.
• Provide leadership, assistance, guidance and support to staff and volunteers sufficient to inspire and motivate those individuals to achieve success and strive for excellence in their Special Olympics Missouri activities.
• Ensure all activities conform to SOI General Rules/SOMO Policies.
• Ensure assigned annual plan objectives are attained.
• Ensure on-going demonstration of SOMO Guiding Values and related behaviors.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or equivalent experience.
- High energy level and experience in sports management, event management and volunteer management.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Wordpress, etc.) and how each can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Website management experience and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite preferred. Must have excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills.
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for Special Olympics preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment; capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals; team player with demonstrated success in a team environment.
- Commitment to travel throughout the area and for state level competition as well as evenings and weekend work as needed .
- Employee Medical, Dental, Life,
- Travel and Disability Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave Retirement Plan (403B) (3% Employer Contribution & up to 5% Matching)
- Twelve Paid Holidays/Year
- Ten Hours/Month Paid Vacation
REPORTS TO: Program Director
LOCATION: St. Louis, MO
Complete Application for Employment and send along with resume, references, college transcript and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
SPECIAL OLYMPICS MISSOURI IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.