We, the staff of Special Olympics Missouri, believe in the following guiding values, which are engrained in the way we think and act:
Accountability, Excellence, Integrity, Optimism, Unity
These beliefs guide our choices and define for us integrity and the right course of action that bond us together as TEAM SOMO.
Special Olympics Missouri is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Download Employment Application with Electronic Signature (Microsoft Word)
Development Manager (St. Louis)
Development Manager (St. Louis)
This position is a full-time exempt position responsible for raising necessary funds to conduct Special Olympics Missouri (SOMO) quality sports training and competitions for all eligible individuals in the St. Louis Metro Area. The Development Manager exercises leadership and self-initiative and requires limited supervision to accomplish goals. The following examples are intended only as illustrations of the duties of the Development Manager. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude these tasks from the position if the work is similar, related to or a logical assignment of the position.
• Work collaboratively with the Development Team for the overall success of the Area program.
• Manage and meet annual budget expectations for assigned events.
• Create, plan and implement SOMO signature fundraising event the Polar Plunge as a means of raising revenue and awareness of Special Olympics.
• Develop and optimize Area specific assigned events for maximum exposure.
• Work with regional LETR leadership to support them as they raise funds and awareness.
• Collaborate with the Regional Development Director to support Shop ’n Save partnership initiatives.
• Work as part of the Development Team to continually look for ways to grow Area revenue.
• Oversee the St. Louis Metro Area grant funding opportunities.
• Provide leadership, assistance, guidance and support to staff and volunteers sufficient to inspire and motivate those individuals to achieve success and strive for excellence in their Special Olympics Missouri activities.
• Ensure assigned annual plan objectives are attained.
• Ensure all assigned activities conform to SOI General Rules/SOMO Policies.
• Ensure on-going demonstration of SOMO Guiding Values and related behaviors.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience in sales, fund development, or promotion experience.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal; excellent customer service attitude.
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for Special Olympics, preferred.
- Computer literate in the Windows environment, Microsoft Office, Excel and database management.
- Strong organization, management, and sales skills.
- Ability to be self-directed as part of the development team.
- Employee Medical, Dental, Life, Travel and Disability Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Retirement Plan (403B) (3% employer contribution & up to 5% matching)
- Twelve Paid Holidays/Year
- Ten Hours/Month Paid Vacation
REPORTS TO: Regional Development Director
LOCATION: St. Louis
Complete Application for Employment and send along with resume, references, college transcript and salary requirements to: email@example.com
SPECIAL OLYMPICS MISSOURI IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.