We, the staff of Special Olympics Missouri, believe in the following guiding values, which are engrained in the way we think and act:
Accountability, Excellence, Integrity, Optimism, Unity
These beliefs guide our choices and define for us integrity and the right course of action that bond us together as TEAM SOMO.
Special Olympics Missouri is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Download Employment Application with Electronic Signature (Microsoft Word)
Fundraising, Sponsorship and Special Events Planning - St. Louis
Development Manager - St. Louis
This position is a full-time position responsible for raising necessary funds to conduct Special Olympics Missouri (SOMO) quality sports training and competitions for all eligible individuals in the St. Louis Metro Area. The individual in this position will have a positive impact in the lives of more than 5,000 athletes as they participate in quality sports training and competition, benefit from free health screenings, leadership programs and much more. The following examples are intended only as illustrations of the duties of the Development Manager. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude these tasks from the position if the work is similar, related to or a logical assignment of the position.
- Manage constituent relationships to meet annual budget expectations.
- Work collaboratively with staff, volunteers and athletes to continually grow revenue and support program success.
- Establish and work with special event committees to reach desired fundraising goals and objectives.
- Create, plan and implement special event fundraisers for maximum exposure, raising revenue and awareness of Special Olympics. Signature events this position will have primary or partial fundraising responsibility for include: Polar Plunge, Drive It Home Raffle and Over the Edge.
- Serve as the primary liaison working with regional law enforcement to support them as they raise funds and awareness through their annual Law Enforcement Torch Run® (LETR) campaign. This may include: Torch Run Routes, Tip A Cop Events, Third Party Events, Shop ‘n Save T-Shirt Sales.
- Oversee Development Intern Program in St. Louis Area.
- Secure new collaborative partnerships and sponsorships within the St. Louis Metro Area, providing account management of rights and benefits that sustain beyond today.
- Coordinate VIP Event for Area Spring Games, ensuring sponsors, board and other VIP representatives have a positive experience.
- Produce annual Proof of Performance recaps for Area Partners.
- Provide leadership, assistance, guidance and support to staff and volunteers sufficient to inspire and motivate those individuals to achieve success and strive for excellence in their Special Olympics Missouri activities.
- Ensure assigned annual plan objectives are attained.
- Ensure all activities conform to SOI General Rules/SOMO Policies.
- Ensure on-going demonstration of SOMO Guiding Values and related behaviors.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and/or equivalent experience.
- At least two years of professional experience in fundraising, sales or promotion.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal; excellent customer service attitude.
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for Special Olympics, preferred.
- Computer literate in the Windows environment, Microsoft Office, Excel and database management.
- Strong organization, management, and fund development skills.
- Ability to be self-directed as part of the development team.
- Employee Medical, Dental, Life, Travel and Disability Insurance
- Paid sick leave
- Retirement plan (403B) (3% Employer Contribution & up to 5% matching).
- Thirteen paid holidays/year
- Ten hours/month paid vacation
REPORTS TO: Regional Development Director
LOCATION: St. Louis, MO
Complete Application for Employment (on website https://somo.org/Jobs ) and send along with resume, references, college transcript and salary requirements to:firstname.lastname@example.org
SPECIAL OLYMPICS MISSOURI IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.